As you probably know, each record in each table has a History tab by default. This tab captures the changes made to the fields within that record. However, you might not know that you have the ability to track more general system activity, such as user logins, reports run, and URLs clicked using the Activity Log table.
By default, the Activity Log table tracks:
- All user logins and logouts in the last month
- All system events in the last month
- All record deletions in the last month
- All admin actions, such as new table creations and team modifications, in the last month
Although this table is hidden by default, you can easily make it available to select users, such as your admin team, using Setup>Tables.
To configure the behavior of the Activity Log table, follow Setup>System>Configure Activity Log and either create or edit an audit rule. When you do so, you have the option to:
- Describe the purpose of the log
- Choose the language of the report
- Define a saved search to filter which users’ actions are logged
- Select which actions are logged
- Determine how long entries are kept before being deleted.
The actions that you may choose to log are pictured below.