Stumped Creating Incident Report

I have a mandate from the director to create a new report that both meets his specifications and is within Agiloft so no dumping of the data into excel.

The x axis is days of the week while the y axis is number of incidents. Somehow, I need to have two independent lines, one charting the number of incidents created per day and the other charting incidents closed per day.

I’ve been able to create an independent report charting either of the two columns in <5 minutes but getting it into one report seems to be impossible. I’m so frustrated I’m beginning to wonder if it wouldn’t be easier to just update my resume instead.

Any help at all would be fantastic and thanks for reading.

-L
SNAG-0054

Agiloft’s reporting is not great in terms of showing exactly what you want.
If you want all in one chart, probably segmented bar would be better than line.

However, a segmented line does a passable job, as long as you’re willing to accept that Y is always going to show the total of incidents, without diving them by status:

I’d say your best bet is to create a combined report, selecting one chart for opened, and one chart for closed:

That’s about the best I was able to coax from the system.

I’ll readily admit how surprised I am at how lacking their charts are. Not being able to set an arbitrary date range for my x was very surprising. I’ll give the combined report a go and see how that works.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Lora, this kind of chart sounds like a great enhancement. When you log into your Support account, you should have access to “Ideas.” Please feel free to submit this Idea – our product and development teams regularly assess these to help determine, plan and prioritize new features.

Carey