ITIL Service Desk Suite

Bring agility and control to your IT service operations and deliver exceptional service to customers across the enterprise with Agiloft’s Flexible ITIL Service Desk solution.

The Suite received ITIL compliance certification in 11 processes by Pink Elephant:

• Incident Management
  • Problem Management
  • Change Management
  • Knowledge Management
  • Release and Deployment
  • Management
  • Request Fulfillment
  • Event Management
  • Service Catalog Management
  • Service Level Management
  • Service Portfolio Management
  • Service Asset and
  • Configuration Management

Please feel free to discuss the solution below.

Can anyone point me to detailed documentation that covers the Asset Management component? I found an “Asset Polling Setup Guide”, and precious little else. This is marked as updated in May 2015, and seems to rely on an external application (Nmap) and something called “esa.jar”. It’s not entirely clear whether the instructions provided work on hosted KB’s.
I would like to read more detailed documentation covering the various ways in which Agiloft can be used to scan networks for assets, poll a variety of assets (including Windows, Linux, Mac, and SNMP devices), and incorporate that information into the other Agiloft tables.

Thanks.

The latest update is that the Asset Polling module that relied upon NMAP is being deprecated and replaced by a newer version that would make use of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) interface. It will become available as one of the upcoming enhancements scheduled for Q1 2018. The planned release date for that build is March 19, 2018.

SSCM, really…

So what happens if you have a mixed, or a non-Microsoft environment?

What if you have a Unix-centric or Mac-centric environment?

Going to SCCM seems like two steps back to me.

Good point Alejandro. I’ll have a discussion with my developers about it to see if we can retain the previous sync module as well to accommodate for the diverse networking environments.

Alejandro,
SCCM does have limitations, although it does poll non-Windows equipment. Once we release the SCCM connector, we will look at other OS-independent asset management systems for integration options.

Right, but you have to have at least a Windows server with SCCM installed to run that option. What if you don’t do Windows?